1) What is the capital city of New Mexico?
b. Las Cruces
c. Sante Fe
2) What is the official state insect of New Mexico?
a. Monarch Butterfly (Danaus plexippus)
b. Firefly (Poturis pensylvanica)
c. Tarantula Hawk Wasp (Pepsis formosa)
3) Which of these Native Americans was born in New Mexico?
a. Mangas Colradas
4) Which of these rivers does not run through New Mexico?
a. The Rio Grande
b. The Colorado River
c. The Pecos River
5) What is the red symbol in the center of the New Mexico State flag?
a. A Maleewa
b. A Zia
c. A Castilla
6) Which of these is a nickname for New Mexico?
a. The Silver State
b. Land of Enchantment
c. Land of Shining Mountains
7) What is the highest point in New Mexico?
a. Wheeler Peak (13,161 feet)
b. Boundary Peak (13,140 feet)
c. Kings Peak (13,528 feet)
8) What is the official state question of New Mexico?
a. Hello or goodbye?
b. Sun or moon?
c. Red or green?
9) What is the motto of New Mexico?
a. To be, rather than to seem
b. Ever upward
c. It grows as it goes
10) The northwest corner of New Mexico touches three other states. This point is called Four Corners. What other states does New Mexico meet at Four Corners?
a. Colorado, Utah, Arizona
b. Colorado, Idaho, Arizona
c. Utah, Nevada, Arizona
See comments for answers…